- 3 pounds ground meat (turkey, chicken, pork, beef, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons hamburger seasoning
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 package (12 count) dinner rolls
- 6-8 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, optional for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine the ground meat, hamburger seasoning and minced onion.
- Press the meat mixture into the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, creating a flat, even layer.
- Bake the meat mixture for 20-30 minutes or until it is cooked through and has reached the appropriate internal temperature.
- Carefully (using two spatulas is a necessity) remove the meat patty from the baking dish and set aside.
- Drain the fat from the pan, making sure a minimal amount of grease residue is left behind to prevent sticking.
- Slice the dinner rolls in half lengthwise without separating them.
- Place the bottom halves of the dinner rolls in the baking dish.
- Put the cooked meat patty on top of the rolls.
- Evenly distribute the cheese over the meat.
- If you desire, add other hot/cooked toppings like bacon, grilled onions and mushrooms, etc.
- Place the upper halves of the dinner rolls over the top.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the dinner rolls are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Slice into individual sliders, and serve with your favorite condiments, as well as fries or a salad.
The original recipe for these amazingly easy and delicious sliders came from Tasty and can be found here.