- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound precooked smoked sausage, sliced and quartered
- 2 teaspoons Adobo seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups Minute Rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces each) cream of chicken soup
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet (cast iron if you have one), sauté the bell peppers and onions in oil until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook a minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the sausage, Adobo and black pepper until well combined, and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, broth, soups and half the shredded cheese, stirring until well combined, and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the skillet and continue simmering for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the moisture has been absorbed into the rice, remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top and cover to allow it to melt.
- Serve hot alongside a salad or steamed vegetables for a complete meal.
The original recipe for this delicious dish came from the one and only Mississippi Kween on TikTok; her video can be found here.