- 1 pound ground pork sausage (I used Jimmy Dean)
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease (or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 jar (24 ounces) salsa verde, divided
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- 8-10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray or oil.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage in oil until no longer pink.
- To the sausage, add in the sour cream and about 1/2 cup of the salsa verde, stirring until well combined; set aside.
- In another skillet, cook the eggs, adding the Adobo and black pepper (and any additional seasonings you desire) while you scramble; set side.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of salsa verde into the prepared baking dish, and spread it out to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- If desired, warm the tortillas for 20 seconds in the microwave.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of the sausage mixture and 1/4 cup of scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese over the filling, then roll the tortilla tightly; repeat the process with the remaining ingredients. You may have some filling left over depending on how full the tortillas are filled.
- Place the rolled tortillas into the prepared baking dish seam side down; it’s OK if they fit snugly.
- In a small glass bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the remaining salsa verde and heavy cream.
- Pour the salsa verde sauce evenly over the top of the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve hot with sour cream, salsa and any other desired toppings (green onion, diced tomatoes, avocado, etc.)
The original recipe for this delightful breakfast dish can be found here.