- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons Adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup Italian-style cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, and line a baking pan with parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, and season with Adobo and pepper (or your preferred seasonings).
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip the chicken into the butter (both sides) and then in the bread crumbs, making sure all sides are coated evenly.
- Place the chicken onto the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until breadcrumb coating is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and spoon about 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce over each piece of chicken.
- Top each piece of chicken with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook another 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot over your favorite pasta with leftover marinara, if desired.
The original recipe, from which this tasty dish was derived, can be found here.