- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, butter, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt, and cut together with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups of the crumb mixture and set aside.
- Press the rest of the crumb mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until well combined.
- Pour the milk and peanut butter mixture evenly over the crumb crust.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture evenly over the top of the chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, being careful not to over-bake (remove from oven before they look done).
The original recipe for these ooey, gooey bars can be found here.