- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 cup roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (or two mashed anchovies)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Note: You can use dried herbs when necessary, but makes sure to cut the amounts down (1/2 cup = 2 tablespoons; 1/4 cup = 1 tablespoon; 1/8 cup = 1/2 tablespoon)
- Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until the dressing is smooth and the herbs are very finely chopped, about 45 seconds.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve immediately over your favorite salad blend.
- Store any remaining dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days (when reusing, allow to sit out at room temperature for about an hour and stir well before drizzling over salad).
The inspiration for this delightful dressing can be found here.