- 2 scotch tender steaks (1-1/2 pound)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup sherry cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and place a rack in the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Spread both sides of the steaks with butter, reserving about 1 tablespoon for later.
- Place the fillets on the rack in the roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onions in the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the sherry, soy sauce, mustard and pepper into the onions and heat the mixture until it simmers.
- Pour the onion mixture over the steaks.
- Return the fillets to the oven for an additional 20 minutes, basting them with the onion mixture frequently.
- Serve the roasted fillets hot, topped with the onion mixture from in the roasting pan.
The original recipe for these sensational steaks can be found here.