- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (1 pound) shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano (or more to taste)
- 1 can (15 ounces) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole artichoke hearts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8-10 black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add gnocchi to the oil and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the gnocchi to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan.
- Add the onions and sauté until tender.
- Add the bell pepper and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the garlic and oregano, and continue cooking for another minute or so.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and artichokes, stir until well mixed, then continue cooking and stirring until hot.
- Stir in the olives, vinegar and the gnocchi.
- Season with pepper, adding more if desired, and serve hot.
The original recipe for this tasty vegetarian-friendly dish can be found here.