- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (8.5 ounces) sun-dried tomatoes, julienned in oil, drained
- 1 bag (8 ounces) spinach, large stems removed
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season chicken to your liking, place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, then set aside to cool.
- Dice chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions, then set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes in butter for about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and continue cooking until it has wilted..
- Pour in the cream, and let the mixture come to a simmer.
- Remove the sauce from heat and add the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and cubed chicken, and serve.
The original recipe for this delicious pasta dish can be found here.