- 2 large chicken breasts, seasoned, cooked and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, undrained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3-4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
- water or chicken broth, as needed
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in onion, bell pepper and garlic and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the beans, corn, tomatoes and taco seasoning, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked chicken and rice, adding water/broth if it seems too dry.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve hot, with whatever taco toppings (avocado, sour cream, cheese, salsa, etc.) you like.
The original recipe for this easy, one-skillet (if you prep in advance) dish can be found here.