- 1 box (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain and rinse the macaroni in cold water; drain again and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise and sweet chili sauce, adjusting for flavor as needed.
- Stir in the bacon, onion and bell pepper, combining until well mixed.
- Pour in the cooked macaroni and stir until combined and coated with sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Chill for at least two hours before serving.
The original recipe for this delicious pasta salad (with a little bit of a kick) can be found here.