- 1 box (15.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup caramel apple cider (NOT apple juice)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Cinnamon sugar (store-bought or combine 1/4 cup sugar with 2 tablespoons cinnamon)
- Caramel sundae syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, apple cider, apple sauce and eggs, beating until smooth.
- Add in the cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla, and stir well.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Remove the bundt pan from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, carefully invert the bundt pan over a plate and help the cake release if necessary.
- Brush the melted butter over the cake.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cut the cake into pieces and serve topped with caramel syrup.
The original recipe for this delicious fall-inspired cake can be found here.