- 1 bag (12 ounces) wide egg noodles, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2-3/4 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon umami mushroom seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry’s season salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas and diced carrots
- 1 can (12 ounces) chunk light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- Cook the noodles according to package directions until al dente (rinse and keep in a pot of cold water until ready to use); drain.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion in olive oil until tender.
- Sprinkle flour over onion, stirring and cooking over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking and cooking until thickened and bubbly.
- Add the cream cheese, mustard and seasonings, whisking constantly until incorporated.
- Add the peas and carrots and tuna, stirring and cooking until heated through.
- Pour the creamy tuna mixture over the drained pasta, stir until well combined and cook over medium-low until heated through.
- Serve hot with a salad and rolls, if desired.
The original recipe for this incredibly accurate and tasty Tuna Helper dupe can be found here.