- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 4 green onions, sliced (optional)
- Chow mein noodles (optional)
- Heat olive and sesame oils in a large skillet.
- Add in the ground chicken, cooking and breaking up until done.
- Stir in the onion and cook until tender.
- Add in the garlic and cook an additional minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and sriracha sauce, and cook about two minutes or until heated through.
- Remove about 6-8 leaves from the head of lettuce and place onto the serving platters.
- Spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of each lettuce leaf.
- Top with green onions and chow mein noodles, if desired.
- Serve with your favorite rice and enjoy.
The original recipe for these deliciously light, yet filling lettuce wraps can be found here.