- 1 box (15.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-2/3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, one egg and butter.
- Add pecans and mix well.
- Press mixture firmly into the prepared baking dish.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and remaining two eggs until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly over pecan crust.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
The original recipe for these delicious bars can be found here.