- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, finely chopped
- 3 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 container (8 ounces) candied red or green cherries, halved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl (of a stand mixer, if you have one), cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add in cream mixture, pecans, dates and maraschino cherries and mix well.
- Using a slightly mounded small cookie scoop, shape the dough into balls.
- Spread the crushed corn flakes onto a plate.
- Roll each ball in the corn flakes until coated.
- Place the balls onto the cookie sheet, roughly 1-1/2 inches apart.
- Gently push a candied cherry half into the top center of each ball.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are browned.
The original recipe for these amazing cookies can be found here.