- 1 pound Jimmy Dean ground pork sausage
- 4 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3-1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large heavy skillet (cast iron, if you have one) over medium-high heat, brown the sausage, breaking it up into small pieces. Do not drain.
- Add in the bacon grease and flour.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until flour begins to brown.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add pepper, to taste, and continue to simmer for a couple minutes until the gravy reaches desired thickness (add more milk for a thinner gravy).
- Serve hot over biscuits.
The inspiration for this amazing gravy recipe can be found here.