- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (add more if you like)
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red curry powder
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- Chopped peanuts for garnish
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in ginger and curry paste and stir until mixed.
- Add the carrots and broth.
- Stir in brown sugar, curry powder and peanut butter until well combined.
- Bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 35-40 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree the soup with an immersion blender (or in batches in a regular blender).
- Serve hot with peanuts and crackers, if desired.
The original recipe for this marvelous Meatless Monday soup can be found here.