- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) spice cake mix
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Whipped topping or ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Pour the apple pie filling into the bottom of the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over top of pie filling.
- Top with cake mix, making sure to spread it evenly over the top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle pecans over the top of cake mix.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping (or both).
The recipe inspiration for this incredibly simple, yet delicious cake, can be found here.