- 1 pound (about 4 cups) raw pecan halves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugars, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white and vanilla extract until very foamy, about 1 minute.
- Add the pecans and stir until well coated.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the pecans and toss until fully coated.
- Spread pecans into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, stir the pecans and spread them out evenly again.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until the nuts are very fragrant and are starting to darken in color.
- Let the pecans fully cool in the pan on a wire rack (the sugar will harden as it cools).
- Break into individual pieces and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container.
The original recipe for these perfect pecans comes from the one and only Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond, and it can be found here.