- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup (slightly more) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a loaf pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, add the mashed bananas, melted butter, sugar, egg and vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- In a small bowl, sift together baking soda, salt and flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until the batter is thick and combined.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
The original recipe for this wonderful bread can be found here.