- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch chili powder (optional)
- Grease a popover pan with oil.
- In a small bowl or large glass measuring cup, whisk together the milk and eggs until well combined.
- Whisk in the flour, salt and chili powder (if using) until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the popover pan cups until each one is about 2/3 full.
- Place the pan in a cold oven and set the temperature to 450 degrees.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the popovers have risen and are golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, and carefully remove the popovers from the pan.
- Serve warm with butter or jam.
The original recipe for these popovers comes from the one and only Chef John, and can be found here.