- 6-8 strips bacon, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2-3 large eggs
- 1 can (8 count) refrigerated biscuits
- 1 block (8 ounces) Colby Jack cheese
- Cook bacon in a skillet until browned, then remove pieces to a bowl or plate lined with paper towels.
- Beat the eggs, then pour into a skillet over medium heat.
- Scramble eggs until they are just done and still a little moist, and season to taste.
- Add the bacon to the skillet with the egg, stir until combined and remove from heat.
- Cut the block of cheese to create 16 pieces that are about 3/4 inch cubes, reserving the rest for another use or to eat with crackers.
- Open the can of biscuits and separate each biscuit, creating two round layers.
- Press each biscuit piece flat until it’s about 4 inches in diameter.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the egg mixture onto the center of each biscuit piece.
- Top with one piece of the cheese.
- Gently fold edges up and over the filling, and pinch to seal.
- Preheat air fryer to 325 degrees.
- Place 6 biscuit bombs at a time, seam side down and well spaced, on parchment paper in the air fryer basket.
- Bake in the air fryer at 325 degrees for about 7-8 minutes; flip each biscuit bomb over and heat an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Using tongs, carefully remove them from air fryer and allow to cool slightly; repeat the process with the remaining biscuit bombs.
The original recipe for these tasty biscuit bombs can be found here.