- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sourdough discard
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 large egg
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Add the sourdough starter, milk and egg. Mix well just until combined.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Cook until the pancake starts bubbling on top, then flip the pancake.
- Cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until the pancake is cooked through.
- Repeat with the remaining batter or for as many pancakes as you need (leftover batter can be refrigerated).
- Serve the pancakes warm with butter and syrup.
The original recipe for these perfect pancakes can be found here.