- 1 package (2 sheets) puff pastry
- 8 ounces marinara sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, diced into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Italian seasoned Panko crumbs
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Cut the puff pastry sheets into equal quarters.
- Spread about 1-1/2 tablespoons of marinara sauce in the middle of each puff pastry sheet.
- Place about 8-10 pieces of cheese (depending on size) on the marinara sauce.
- With the puff pastry pieces positioned like a diamond, fold the right corner over the filling, and then fold the left corner over and wrap it under, forming something that resembles a cannoli.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and water.
- Place the Panko crumbs on a lipped plate.
- Brush each pizza cannoli with the egg wash mixture, covering the sides and bottom.
- Place the cannolis, one at a time, into the Panko crumbs and cover all sides.
- Place the pizza cannolis, two at a time (don’t overcrowd) on a pieced of parchment paper inside the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for about 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the cannolis over and air fry an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the air fryer and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Repeat the process with the remaining cannolis.
This recipe was inspired by a TikTok video by DaniMade, which can be found here.