- 1/3 cup minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- In a small, shallow bowl, combine the garlic and lemon juice.
- Spread the garlic mixture out into an even layer, then sprinkle lightly with the salt and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over another bowl, scoop the lemon and garlic mixture into the strainer, then use a silicone or rubber spatula to press on the garlic, getting out as much juice out as possible. Discard the garlic.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and dijon mustard into the garlicky lemon juice until combined, then taste and adjust as necessary (stir in more mayonnaise by the tablespoon if the garlic flavor is overwhelming).
- Store aioli in the refrigerator in a mason jar or other air-tight container for up to 10 days.
The original recipe for this delicious garlic aioli can be found here.