- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 salmon filets (about 8 ounces total), cut into 8 equal pieces
- 8 sheets rice paper
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 avocado, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 large jalapeño, sliced into 8 pieces
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil over medium heat.
- Cook the pieces of salmon in the sesame oil until it is done to your liking, flipping half way.
- Place one sheet of rice paper in the warm water until soft and pliable.
- Allow the rice paper sheet to drain slightly and place on a clean work surface.
- Immediately place a piece of cooked salmon in the middle of the rice paper, then top it with two pieces of avocado and one slice of jalapeño.
- Wrap the rice paper tightly around the filling, roll it up and set aside. Repeat the process with the rest of the salmon, avocado and jalapeño.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil in a large skillet.
- Place the firecracker salmon rolls into the pan and cook until crisp.
- Serve with your favorite Asian-style dipping sauce.