- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent dough sheets
- 8 chicken tenderloins (about 1 pound), or two chicken breasts cut into 8 strips
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (8.5 ounces) julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the shaved Parmesan and Italian seasoning, and set aside.
- Unroll one dough sheet, and cut it into four rectangles.
- Place one chicken tenderloin on one long side of each dough rectangle, then roll it up, pinching the edges and ends to seal.
- Place the dough-wrapped chicken, seam-side-down, in the prepared baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining dough and chicken tenderloins.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan mixture evenly over the top of the dough-wrapped chicken.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and thermometer inserted in center of chicken reads at least 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine whipping cream, tomatoes, salt and pepper flakes.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened, and cover to keep warm.
- Portion out the crescent-wrapped chicken onto plates, then spoon warm sauce over the top before serving.
The original recipe for this delicious crescent wrapped chicken can be found here.