- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and finely diced
- 3/4 cup diced bell pepper (any color)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, peas, corn, tomatoes, peppers and onion.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the oil, lime juice and honey.
- Stir in the herbs and spices, adjusting as needed to your preferred tastes.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the bowl containing the vegetables and toss gently until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving with your favorite tortilla chips, as a salad topper or as a side dish.
The original recipe for this incredibly tasty salsa can be found here.