- 1 deep dish (9 inches) frozen pie crust
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the pie crust by pricking the bottom and sides with a fork, then sprinkling about 1/4 cup of shredded cheese evenly in the bottom.
- Bake the crust for about 10 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until bright green and wilted.
- In the bowl of a food processor (or blender), combine the eggs, ricotta, heavy cream, seasonings and remainder of Italian cheese.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spread the spinach and onion mixture evenly over the pre-baked crust.
- Pour egg mixture on top until filled to the top (pour any excess in silicone baking cups and bake alongside quiche).
- Bake the quiche in the preheated oven until the center is set and the top is lightly browned, about 45 minutes (cover the crust with foil for the last 5 minutes or so if getting too done).
- Allow to stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
The original recipe for this meatless, yet incredibly yummy quiche can be found here.