- 1 9-inch deep dish frozen pie crust
- 1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 large eggs,
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cover the frozen pie crust with foil, fill it with pie weights, place on the prepared baking sheet and pre-bake for about 25 minutes; remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place the chopped rhubarb in a large bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of sugar and set aside.
- Whisk together the remaining 1-1/4 cup sugar, flour, eggs, butter and cream until combined.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked crust.
- Scatter the rhubarb evenly on top, discarding any liquid at the bottom of the bowl.
- Bake the pie for 60 to 65 minutes, or until the edges of the filling are set but the center still wobbles slightly. Cover the edges with foil about 45 minutes through baking to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Cool the pie on a wire rack.
- Once the pie has cooled completely, cut and serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
The original recipe for this amazing pie can be found here.