- 1 can (10.5 ounces) cream of chicken & herb soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 large chicken breasts, seasoned, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used a blend of Italian and mild cheddar)
- 1-3/4 sleeves Ritz crackers (about 50-55 crackers), crushed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 2.5-quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and onion, mixing until well combined.
- Fold in the chicken and cheese until well blended.
- Spread the chicken and soup mixture into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter and stir until all the cracker pieces are well coated.
- Sprinkle the cracker mixture evenly over top of the chicken and soup mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 30-35 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbly and the cracker topping is golden brown.
- Serve alongside a salad or your favorite steamed vegetables.
The inspiration for this incredible comfort food recipe can be found here.