- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red bell peppers, sliced in 1/4-inch strips
- 1 pound bowtie pasta
- 2 teaspoons Adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large stock pot, cook hot Italian sausage in olive oil, crumbling and cooking until no longer pink.
- Add in the peppers and cook for about 3-5 minutes until slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the bowtie pasta according to package directions.
- To the sausage and peppers, add in the Adobo and black pepper and mix well.
- Stir in the broth, bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, add it to the sausage and pepper mixture, mix well and heat through.
- Season with more Adobo and pepper, if desired.
- Serve alongside a salad topped with grated parmesan, and enjoy.
The original recipe for this slightly spicy pasta dish can be found here.