- 3 pounds white potatoes, peeled and quartered (or halved, depending on size)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried chives (more if you desire)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the potatoes to a large pot, and fill with water until completely covered.
- Boil over medium-high heat until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes well.
- Add the butter and allow to melt slightly, then add the sour cream, chives and seasonings.
- Mash the potatoes, making sure the sour cream, butter and seasonings are evenly distributed, until they reach desired consistency (use an immersion blender for whipped potatoes).
2 thoughts on “Sour Cream & Chive Mashed Potatoes”