- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil.
- Remove the corn syrup and sugar mixture from the heat, stir in peanut butter and mix well.
- Pour in the cereal, and quickly stir until well coated.
- Press the mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan, and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Quickly and evenly spread the chocolate and butterscotch mixture over the pressed cereal.
- Let stand until firm (or pop them into the refrigerator for a half hour or so if you’re impatient).
- Cut into bars when set and cooled.
The original recipe for these bars comes directly from Kellogg’s and can be found here.