- 1 box (22.72 ounces) Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (preferably cheddar)
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) lump crab meat, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 15 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone pad.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, water, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and shredded cheese, and mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crab meat, paprika, Adobo seasoning, mustard, mayonnaise and crushed crackers, stirring until well mixed.
- Shape the crab mix into about 6-8 patties that are about 2 inches in diameter.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Carefully place the crab patties into the oil and cook about 3-4 minutes on each side (until golden brown). Don’t overcrowd and cook in batches if needed.
- Remove the patties and place on a plate lined with paper towels to dry, and repeat the process with any remaining patties.
- Once the crab cakes have cooled slightly, place 6-8 dollops (equaling roughly half) of biscuit mix a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheet and spread until slightly larger than the crab cakes.
- Place the crab cakes on top of the biscuit mix; you may have extra crab cakes that can be saved for later or eaten as is.
- Cover each of the crab cakes with a thin layer of the remaining biscuit mix so that they are sealed inside (use your fingers if necessary).
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until set and the tops are golden brown.
- Combine the melted butter with the garlic herb blend pouch that came with the biscuit mix, and brush the tops of the stuffed biscuits before serving.
- Serve warm with a salad or steamed vegetables.
These delicious stuffed biscuits were inspired by a recipe from Happy Homeschool Nest, which can be found here.
One thought on “Crab Cake Stuffed Cheddar Bay Biscuits”