- 12 chicken legs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons diced onions
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, add oil, minced garlic and seasonings and whisked until well combined.
- Stir in the diced onions.
- Place the chicken legs in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade mixture over the chicken, knead until the legs are evenly coated and place the bag in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the marinated chicken legs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the tops and sides of the chicken legs with barbecue sauce (about 1/2 cup).
- Bake the chicken legs for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Flip the chicken legs over and brush with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Place the chicken legs back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest for about 5 minutes before serving with your favorite sides.
The original recipe for these saucy chicken legs can be found here.