- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crescent rolls
- 1 container (6 ounces) crispy fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease 16 regular-sized muffin cups.
- Boil the green beans in water for about 10 minutes or until fork tender; drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soup, milk and cheese, and mix well.
- Fold in the cooked and drained green beans and stir until fully incorporated.
- Unroll both cans of crescent roll dough onto a flat surface.
- Pinch the seams and perforations of the crescent dough together to make four large rectangles.
- Cut each rectangle of dough into eight equal squares.
- Line each muffin cup by pressing one dough square into bottom and up the sides of the cup.
- Spoon the green bean casserole filling into each cup, filling them to the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cups from the oven and top each one with crispy fried onions.
- Return the cups to the oven and bake an additional 5 minutes until the dough is golden brown.
- Allow the casserole cups to cool slightly before removing from the muffin tin.
- Serve warm as an appetizer or alongside your favorite protein.
The original recipe for these delicious green bean casserole cups can be found here.