- 2-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon Everything but the Elote seasoning
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) Mexi-corm
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) red enchilada sauce
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a small baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Generously coat all sides of chicken with taco and Everything but the Elote seasonings.
- Bake chicken in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from oven and allow to cool before cutting it into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion in oil over medium heat in a large stock pot.
- Add in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the beans, corn and enchilada sauce.
- Simmer the soup for about 30 minutes, making sure the refried beans are fully incorporated.
- Add in the cooked chicken and salsa, then simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with pepper jack cheese, sour cream and tortilla strips.
One thought on “Chicken Enchilada Soup”