- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cups Ocean Spray cran-tropical juice (or something similar)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup (heaping) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 12-cup regular-sized muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add the cran-tropical juice and oil to eggs and whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until combined (will be lumpy).
- Fold in the cranberries and nuts until evenly distributed.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared muffin tin (cups will be nearly full).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown and they pass the toothpick test.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before removing from pan and cooling on a wire rack.
The original recipe I followed to make these tasty muffins can be found here.