- 1 pound ground chicken (beef or turkey can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (1 packet) taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup nacho cheese sauce (jarred works fine)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, optional
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease two 12-cup muffin tins.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground meat in oil until no longer pink, sprinkling with taco seasoning and adding about 1/4 cup of water along the way.
- Add the salsa to the meat and stir until well combined; remove from heat and set aside.
- Place one wonton wrapper into each of the prepared muffin tin cups, pushing it down to the bottom.
- Bake the wonton wrappers in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the meat mixture evenly into the par-baked wonton wrappers.
- Bake the cups for about 10 more minutes.
- Carefully add a dollop of nacho cheese sauce on top of the meat mixture.
- Return the pans to the oven and continue baking for another 5 minutes, or until the wonton wrappers are browned and crispy.
- Remove the cups from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Top each cup with sour cream, black olives or other desired nacho toppings (diced tomatoes, green onions, jalapeños, etc.) and serve.
The recipe inspiration for these tasty appetizers, which are perfect for a potluck or gathering, can be found here.