- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 12 ounce can lager or pilsner beer (I used Pabst Blue Ribbon)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour, Adobo seasoning and cayenne pepper and cook for about a minute.
- Add in milk and beer, a bit at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition.
- Stir in mustard and Worcestershire sauce, and continue cooking over medium heat until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low, then add cheeses, stirring just until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour into a serving dish.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or soft pretzels.
The original recipe for this incredible dip can be found here.