- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crescent rolls
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease (or oil of choice)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll crescent dough and press into the bottom and up the sides of an 11-by-17-inch rimmed baking pan, pressing together any perforations in the dough.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes until the dough is lightly golden in color. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the sausage in the bacon grease until browned.
- In another skillet, scramble the eggs and cook until just done (do not overcook), and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1-1/4 cups of cheese over the top of the crescent crust.
- Evenly spread sausage over the cheese.
- Evenly spread scrambled egg over the sausage.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until crust is browned.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, then cut into rectangular pieces.