- 12 ounces fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- Wash and dry the blueberries.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and salt, and cook over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes until blueberries are wilted and soft.
- Remove blueberries with a slotted spoon and cook the liquid for 2-3 more minutes until reduced in half and thickened.
- Add the blueberries back into the pot and stir to combined.
- Remove from heat and transfer and allow to cool and thicken.
- Serve over cheesecake, coffee cake, blueberry and cheese pierogi or other treat.
The original recipe for this thick and delicious compote can be found here.