- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed, drained and dried (leave out in single layer on paper towels for at least an hour)
- 1/2 cup Mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 cup seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Oil for cooking
- Place about 3/4 of the black beans in a food processor and blend until well mashed.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed beans, the remaining whole beans, Mexicorn, bread crumbs and all the herbs and seasonings.
- Check to make sure the spices are to your liking, then add the egg and stir until well combined.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into 4 evenly sized patties.
- Place the burgers on a wax paper-lined cookie sheet and place them in fridge for about 45 minutes to help them stick together.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of oil into a non-stick pan and heat to medium.
- Add the burgers to the pan, one at a time unless space allows for more, and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Top with cheese, if desired, then remove from the pan and enjoy as is or on a bun.
The original recipe I followed to create these delicious burgers can be found here.