- 1 cup (250 grams) sourdough discard
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare about 18 muffin liners in a muffin tin or silicone muffin cups on a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sourdough discard, milk, sugar and butter.
- Add in the eggs and whisk until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined; the batter will be lumpy.
- Scoop equal amounts of the mixture into the prepared muffin liners until they’re all about 3/4 full.
- Place the muffins in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until they pass the toothpick test.
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy.
The original recipe for these perfectly moist muffins can be found here.