- 1 package (16-20 ounces) three cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) American cheese slices, cubed
- 3 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) pepperoni, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, and set aside.
- In a large pot, sauté garlic in oil for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour the milk into the pot, stir and heat over medium until it begins to steam.
- Turn the heat to low, then add in the American cheese and 2 cups of shredded Italian blend, whisking until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and fold in the cooked tortellini and one package of pepperoni (halved or quartered).
- Spread the tortellini mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Pour the pizza sauce on top, then lightly spread it with a spoon until evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the sauce.
- Arrange full slices of pepperoni over the cheese (don’t have to use the entire package).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
The original recipe for this delicious and flavorful pizza hot dish can be found here.