- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup green candied cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup red candied cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or large mixing bowl), beat the butter until light and creamy (about 3 minutes).
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into the bowl and beat another two minutes.
- Add the almond extract and beat for another couple minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl a couple times along the way.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat on low until a soft dough forms.
- Fold in the candied cherries until evenly mixed into the dough.
- Scoop dough (about 2 tablespoons per cookie) and drop it in mounds onto the prepared baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bottoms are brown and the tops are golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool slightly on the baking pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
The original recipe for these festive holiday cookies can be found here.