- 5 jalapeños, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil or bacon grease
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles, drained slightly
- 4 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3/4 cup plain panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, sauté the diced jalapeños in oil or grease until tender, about 5 minutes; remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, green chiles, sautéed jalapeños and pepper jack cheese, and stir until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom of an ungreased pie plate (I found glass works best).
- Spread the Italian cheese blend over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the panko crumbs evenly over the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the panko crumbs are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, pita bread or crackers.