- 1 can (16 ounces) spicy jalapeño refried beans
- 2 cups medium or hot chunky salsa
- 1-1/4 cups prepared guacamole
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Over a medium-sized bowl, pour salsa through a sieve or strainer, reserving the liquid, and setting the “chunky” pieces aside.
- Add the refried beans to the reserved salsa juice and mix until well combined.
- Spread the refried bean mixture into an 8-by-8-inch baking dish (I used a 6 cup Pyrex storage container).
- Carefully spread the guacamole (you want this near the bottom and between layers so it doesn’t brown as fast) over the beans.
- Spoon the salsa over the guacamole.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and taco seasoning mix and stir until well-blended.
- Spread the seasoned sour cream over the salsa.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the sour cream.
- Top with olives and green onions, then cover (with lid, if you have one, or plastic wrap) and chill for at least four hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.
The original recipe for this delicious dip can be found here.